Stuff Avocado with Alaska crab and enjoy
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cooked Alaska crab meat
- 3 scallions, sliced, plus more for serving
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in the Alaska crab meat and scallions.
- Use a spoon to scoop some of the flesh out of the avocados, leaving a larger cavity for stuffing (you can use the avocado you scoop out for another purpose—I like to mash it with a little lemon juice and freeze to use in smoothies later).
- Divide the crab mixture between the avocados and top with the cheddar cheese. Position a rack about 8 inches below the heating element and broil for 2-5 minutes, checking frequently, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Top with extra scallions if desired and serve hot.
Recipe Credit: Becky Winkler of A Calculated Whisk